The regional breakdown of cases on Tuesday was:
• Calgary zone: 1,017 active, 3,225 recovered.
• South zone: 237 active, 918 recovered.
• Edmonton zone: 60 active, 436 recovered.
• North zone: 26 active, 186 recovered.
• Central zone: 15 active, 82 recovered.
• Unknown: 6 active, 19 recovered.
Alberta reported one more COVID-19 death on Tuesday and 45 new cases of the disease. That brings the total number of deaths in the province to 118.
There are currently 1,361 active cases in the province, with 4,866 people listed as having recovered.
On Tuesday, 73 people were in hospital being treated for the illness, with 12 of them in ICU beds.
As the number of COVID-19 cases in Alberta continues its trend downward, the province inches closer to reopening parts of the economy as early as Thursday.